Invitation: Ophthalmology Virtual Consultation Webinar 13 May 2020
NHS England and NHS Improvement, in partnership with the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, will be delivering a webinar on Wednesday 13 May 2020, 1pm – 2.30pm to explore the use of video consultations within ophthalmology services. We will explore how eye services can take advantage of video to deliver consultations to support their patients during the current COVID-19 pandemic and into the future.
The webinar will aim to raise awareness, share information and demonstrate successful case study examples of the new technologies being implemented within existing services.
A high-level description of the planned content is provided below:
- A summary of the national rollout of video consultation capability and the opportunity it provides for ophthalmology services
- Case study examples of development and implementation of video consulting through video, with presentations from Moorfields Eye Hospital, NHS Forth Valley and East Kent Hospitals
- Discussion around the clinical considerations of implementing the capability at scale, particularly in relation to patient safety and information governance
- An opportunity for Q&A with guest speakers
- Next Steps; COVID-19 and beyond
Please see below for the instructions on how to join the webinar. It is recommended that you add this as an event in your calendars and test the link in advance to confirm your access capability.
We would be grateful if you could further disseminate this communication via your own networks as you feel appropriate.
The webinar will be recorded with details on how access this, along with any supporting material, being shared during the presentation and via post webinar communications.
We look forward to you joining us on 13 May.
NHS England & NHS Improvement & The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
To join the WebEx session
1. Go to https://nhsiq.webex.com/nhsiq/k2/j.php?MTID=t9127861d1163c18e4d836417219b0566
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the session password: faUbW2mMm72
4. Click “Join Now”.
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To join the session by phone only
UK Toll Free:0800-051-3810
UK – Toll:+44-20-3478-5289
Access code: 840 953 607